By Woody Pope
Here’s what they wanted to take off our hands and into their new vintage home:
- The rattan porch chairs- yes, they belong on that front porch and, I must say, probably add to the curb appeal.
- The mobile kitchen island- again, perfect for that galley kitchen.
- The foosball table- must have been their mercy buy. It was well situated down in the Cave but was a beast to move.
- The extension ladder- okay, pretty hard to fit into a backpack.
- The push mower- Hali pushed that mower last summer from a curb alert into our garage, it’s theirs now.
This table has been in Hali’s family since the 30’s. Spent several years in a barn in upstate New York before getting shipped to us in Oregon in the 90’s. We’ve enjoyed many a meal on it. Spread it out to it’s 8 foot glory on many Thanksgivings. Truth be told, that table looked great under the vintage light fixture in THAT dining room. It belongs in that house and will serve many more years there. In any case, it would have probably become a liability as we continue downsizing.