After a long day with Harry Potter at Universal Studios, it was nice to sit down and have a cold beer. And what’s a better place to have a beer than Moe’s Tavern?
We love The Simpson’s. Bart humors us with his crank phone calls to Moe while tending the bar, especially when Homer’s havin’ a beer:
- Moe: Moe’s Tavern.
- Bart: Is Mr. Freely there?
- Moe: Who?
- Bart: Freely, first initials I. P.
- Moe: Hold on, I’ll check. Uh, is I. P. Freely here? Hey, everybody! I. P. Freely! [the customers laugh] Wait a minute… Listen to me, you lousy bum. When I get a hold of you, you’re dead. I swear I’m gonna slice your heart in half!
- Homer: You’ll get that punk someday, Moe.
- Moe: I don’t know. He’s tough to catch. He keeps changing his name.
- Nearly every episode has Bart crank calling Moe’s. And yes, the names are changed to protect the innocent. This time, from the Flaming Moe’s episode, it backfires on Bart:
- Moe: [answers the phone] Flaming Moe’s.
- Bart: Uh, yes, I’m looking for a friend of mine. Last name Jass. First name Hugh.
- Moe: Uh, hold on, I’ll check. [calls out] Hugh Jass! Can somebody check the men’s room for a Hugh Jass?!
- Man: Uh, I’m Hugh Jass.
- Moe: Telephone. [hands Hugh the receiver]
- Hugh: Hello, this is Hugh Jass.
- Bart: [surprised] Uh… Hi.
- Hugh: Who’s this?
- Bart: Bart Simpson.
- Hugh: Well, what can I do for you, Bart?
- Bart: Uh… Look, I’ll level with you, Mister. This is a crank call that sort of backfired, and I’d like to bail out right now.
- Hugh: All right. Better luck next time. [hangs up and breathes a sigh] What a nice young man.
For Bart, the cranks and antics are endless and they keep on coming. Tonight, the cranks are limited to just two so I’ll STOP! Thank You Duff Man…Oh,yeah!